I’m not always the healthiest eater but I try to cut back on junk as much as possible. During the warmer months I crave flavored lemonade like no other, but finding a tasty blackberry lemonade that’s not packed with sugar and artificial ingredients is next to impossible. Thanks to Zevia soda I found the missing ingredient to make the perfect frozen drink! Zevia is non-GMO project verified, vegan, kosher, gluten free and clear in color. It is also naturally sweetened by Stevia, a small plant that provides 200x the sweetness of sugar but has no caloric value and doesn’t raise blood sugar levels. The flavors are all so delicious and come from real ingredients you would find in your own kitchen!
Side note: ever since I was pregnant with Mason I’ve been totally addicted to root beer. I’ve been trying to break my habit and luckily Zevia’s ginger root beer is helping me do so! So if you’ve been wanting a healthier option for soda I highly recommend trying out Zevia! Check out all of the flavors and where to buy them here.
Okay, now time to share this yummy frozen blackberry lemonade recipe! I do want to mention that these measurements are what I started out with… Once everything was blended, I tasted it and adjusted it to my liking. You may want to add more or less of any ingredient depending on how you like it. If you want a truly frozen drink, I suggest adding more ice… I like a little more liquid (hence the melting at the bottom of the glass) but if you want a slushee consistency I’d add another handful of ice. Oh, and I know this is a blackberry lemonade recipe but Zevia black cherry soda is my secret ingredient! 😉 The black cherry flavor adds a little something extra to the blackberries and in my opinion totally makes the recipe!
- 2 cups fresh blackberries, extra for garnish (optional)
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup ice
- 1/2 cup Black Cherry Zevia
- 1/4 lemon, sliced, for garnish (optional)
- Combine blackberries, lemon juice, ice, and Black Cherry Zevia in a blender
- Blend on high until smooth. Taste for flavor and sweetness and adjust to your liking
- Divide the frozen blackberry lemonade between two glasses and garnish with blackberries and slice of lemon, if desired.
- Serve immediately & enjoy!
- Add more or less ice to achieve your desired consistency.
VISIT THE STORE LOCATOR TO FIND OUT WHERE ZEVIA IS SOLD NEAR YOU!
PIN IT FOR LATER: