In case you missed it, I shared a bit about how I get ready everyday on my insta-story on Sunday. Since then, I’ve been getting a ton of questions about the products I used so I figured I’d break down my everyday makeup essentials! These are products I use for my “everyday” makeup look. If I’m going for a more glam look, I’ll still use most of the same products but build on them a little more. I do want to mention though that I definitely do not get ready every day haha! This is my makeup routine for days that I need to be presentable 😉
Click on each product to shop or keep scrolling for my step by step process.
- Prep + Prime: once my face is clean and moisturized, I always spray with Evian mineral facial water before anything else. Once that’s soaked into my skin I’ll use a primer. Bare Minerals prime time is my absolute favorite and gives a gorgeous matte finish. If your face gets oily like mine, you need to try out this primer! I also use NYX born to glow illuminating primer if I want a pretty glow but don’t need as long lasting coverage.
- Conceal: I use Physician’s Formula green concealer to combat any redness on my face (any blemishes) and NYX yellow concealer for and purple tones (bags under my eyes). I also use IT Cosmetics bye bye under eye which is pretty much the holy grail of concealers. Seriously, this stuff hides errrrythang.
- Foundation: If I know I have a long day ahead of me and I don’t want to worry about touching up my face or blotting oil, I will go for Estee Lauder double wear foundation. I swear by this foundation and it seriously lasts ALL day long. It’s definitely full coverage so if I have a lighter day that I don’t necessarily want or need that much coverage, the No7 beautifully matte is a great alternative. It’s not as full coverage but it’s still a nice foundation. I know I listed the Laura Mercier translucent finishing powder at the end BUT I also use it after my foundation to set it!
- Contour + Blush + Highlight: I’m lumping all of this into one step because it’s surprisingly pretty quick. The NYX wonder stick is pretty amazing for a fast but precise contour. If I want just a slight contour I’ll use the Tarte contour palette. I’ve been using both the NARS blush and BECCA highlighter for awhile now and they are both amazing.
- Brows: If I only had time for one thing it would definitely be filling in my brows. I use the Anastasia brow wiz and follow my natural brow outline then fill in with light strokes. This is by far the best brow pencil I’ve ever used, BUT, there’s also a really great dupe for it. NYX micro brow pencil is an amazing alternative and it’s under $10! After I finish my brows, I’ll go back in with IT Cosmestics bye bye under eye just to clean up under my brow.
- Eyeshadow: I actually don’t always put eye shadow on. More often than not I just put a tiny bit of setting powder on my eyelids to keep them from getting too oily and call it a day. But, if I want a little bit of color I use NYX shadow in the color ‘S.O.S.’ and Urban Decay in ‘Smog’. Then, I’ll add a little bit of Urban Decay ‘Virgin’ to the inner corners of my eyes to make them pop. (Both Smog and Virgin are in the original Naked Palette, btw) If your eyelids get oily and crease like mine do, I highly suggest using Urban Decay’s eye shadow primer potion before applying any eye shadow.
- Liner + Mascara: I change up the liner that I use constantly but I’m currently loving Colourpop’s gel liner. I don’t know why but I have the hardest time with liquid liner so I always go for a gel liner instead. For my lashes, I pretty much only use Too Faced better than sex mascara. I always want to try something new but still end up coming back to this one because it’s just that good.
- Lips: For an everyday look, I stay pretty neutral. I’m almost always wearing either MAC Angel or Syrup! As far as liners, I usually always use either NYX or MAC. Ps- NYX liner in ‘whipped caviar’ looks amazing with Mac Syrup lipstick and is under $4!
- Finish: I’ve been using Laura Mercier translucent setting powder to set everything in place and I always finish up with another spritz of Evian mineral water. I love the dewy look that the facial spray gives plus I feel like it just sets everything in place a little extra.
I know this probably seems like a lot but once you have it down in a routine it’ll take less than ten minutes! ALSO, I just want to mention that I’m definitely not a makeup professional and I’m probably doing a lot of things out of order but this is just what works for me. 🙂 If you want to know any product specifics or colors I use feel free to comment below or send me a message and I’ll be sure to get back to you!
PIN IT FOR LATER: