These are SO easy to make and just as satisfying as a dessert. Plus, what’s better than cranberry white chocolate at this time of the year?? It’s definitely the perfect winter breakfast treat! I started to make a big batch of these cereal bars at the beginning of the week and wrap them up individually so they’re super easy to grab and go during the week.
I wanted to keep my breakfast semi-healthy since I know I’ll be eating my fair share of sweets later in the day during the holiday season. 😉 So I headed to Target and grabbed a box of Grape Nuts cereal which is power-packed with nutrition and gives my cereal bars the perfect crunch.
Other than the Grape Nuts cereal, these no-bake cranberry white chocolate cereal bars only have five ingredients: honey, peanut butter, dried cranberries, quick oatmeal and white chocolate chips.
First, combine your Grape Nuts cereal, oats, and cranberries into a large bowl. Next, combine the honey and peanut butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook for about one minute (or until melted and combined) and make sure you are stirring CONSTANTLY!
Remove the mixture from heat and mix in with the cereal + oats + fruit mixture. Mix it up well and spread into a greased 9×13 baking pan. Use parchment paper to flatten the mixture and press into the pan. Add a handful of cranberries to decorate then melt the white chocolate in the microwave and drizzle over top.
Place the pan into the refrigerator for about 30 minutes or until cool. I usually make mine at night and let them sit in the refrigerator overnight but if you’re in a hurry you can also stick them in the freezer so they don’t fall apart. Once the cereal bars are cooled, pull them out and cut up into bars to enjoy!
Not only do these taste heavenly but they’re a good option for breakfast on the go! You’re getting important nutrients from the Grape Nuts, protein and healthy fat from the peanut butter and using honey instead of corn syrup. These no-bake cranberry white chocolate cereal bars are definitely going to become a holiday season tradition in my house!
Be sure to check out Grape Nuts and redeem a coupon here to save on select Post Cereal Brands. You can also enter the SING Sweepstakes for a chance to win the $100,000 grand prize! Plus the chance to instantly win tons of other prizes including movie tickets, speakers and more! I’ll definitely be making a batch of these no-bake cranberry white chocolate cereal bars to sneak into the movies with me (shh.. don’t tell!) when I go to see the movie SING with my family in theaters December 21st 2016!
- 1 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup dried cranberries, plus handful for decoration
- 1 cup quick oatmeal
- 4 cups Grape-Nuts cereal
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Grease a 9"x13" baking pan
- Combine cereal, oats, and dried fruit in a large mixing bowl
- In a large saucepan, combine peanut butter and honey over medium heat. Cook for about one minute, or until melted, stirring constantly
- Remove from heat and pour into large mixing bowl, mixing well until all ingredients are coated in honey/peanut butter mixture
- Spread into prepared pan and use a piece of parchment paper to flatten out and press into pan
- Add a handful of dried cranberries to top for decoration
- Heat white chocolate chips in microwave for 30 second increments until melted, stirring each time
- Drizzle white chocolate over top of the bars
- Move to refrigerator for about 30 minutes or until cool then cut into bars
- -These cereal bars can be made ahead and stored in refrigerator until you're ready to use them.
- -Cereal bars can also be wrapped individually and stored in freezer for up to two months.
Check out the SING Sweepstakes here. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Promotion starts 11/1/16 at 12:00 PM (noon) ET and ends 3/31/2017 at 11:59:59 PM ET. Open only to legal residents of the 50 US/DC, 18 years of age or older. See Official Rules for instructions on how to enter, how to obtain codes without purchase, prize details, restrictions, odds of winning, etc. Void where prohibited by law. Sponsor: Post Consumer Brands, LLC.